Hi,
with the new systemd 243 libvirt-lxc seems broken.
We had the particular symptom already in the past, the TL;DR is:
1. start a lxc guest
2. restart libvirtd
3. guest is gone

This particular change is due to [1] fixed by [2] which as a side
effect will wipe libvirt-lxc containers on daemon restart. After
checking on IRC it seems this wasn't reported to libvirt yet, but for
now it is more a start of a discussion than a bug report.

I have reported this upstream at [1] and we could keep the "discussion
with systemd" there.
If you can/want please chime in there. If it turns out we want/need a
fix in libvirt we can focus on the thread here then.

[1]: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/12386
[2]:
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/0219b3524f414e23589e63c6de6a759811ef8474
[3]: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/13629