On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 01:06:36PM +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> This is rather sparse documentation of the knob. If I were a regular
> sysadmin I probably wouldn't know if I want to tweak this or not. On the
> other hand, we don't want regular sysadmins to touch this :-)

I've experienced just a few timeout related issues in the past on the
nodes I manage. At that time, I adjusted this knob and temporarily
surpassed it. Note that the essential problem appears to have been fixed
in the master branch.

> So this wil set the timeout globally. Meaning, if I start a domain it will
> by default use 30 seconds timeout. But then, if I'd change the config and
> restart the daemon the domain would use the new value.
> On the other hand, that might not be necessary. So if you send the expanded
> comment for the knob then I can merge these.

Yes, this knob is applied to all domains when the libivrtd process is
restarted, as you said. However, I don't understand exactly how this
knob will affect the entire system. So, this knob worked well in my
environment, but may not be needed in other users' environments.