On 10/28/20 9:47 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 7:49 AM Michal Privoznik <mpriv...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 10/27/20 1:06 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 6:24 AM Michal Privoznik <mpriv...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 10/26/20 11:08 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
Contemporary versions of Fedora automatically set SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH
based on the changelog entry date stamp. In scenarios where it already
is defined, we do not want to redefine it.

This part is okay.

Additionally, when building the libvirt package in an Open Build Service
instance, the spec file is not present in %_specdir, but instead in %_sourcedir.

But this looks fishy. Is the %_specdir defined in that case?

It is (that comes from RPM itself), however the directory is empty.

That feels like a bug in OBS then. IIUC this macro can be specified on
the rpmbuild's cmd line. Can't it set the %_specdir to be the same as
%_sourcedir?

Nothing about RPM mandates that %_specdir is actually *used* for anything.

But this is not the case, is it? %_specdir is defined and points to an actual directory. Having said that, I am not against the change, but maybe we can document this weirdness somewhere? Also, with the latest specfile discussion I'll let Andrea take a look.

Michal