On 12/1/20 4:39 PM, Ján Tomko wrote:
On a Tuesday in 2020, Michal Privoznik wrote:
If there is an error getting info from guest agent, then the
control on qemuDomainGetGuestInfo() jumps onto 'exitagent' label
and subsequently continues on 'endagentjob'. Both labels are hit
also in success case, which is why there is a code that tries to
match info obtained from the guest agent with domain definition.

I'm confused by 'exitagent' and 'exitagentjob' being above code
that is only done (or only makes sense) on success. And ret being
set to zero so early - I guess that's due to the nature of the
best-effort information gathering here. But I think it would be
perfectly fine to error out if we fail to get a query job or
the domain dies in the meantime.

Moving the exitagent and endagentjob labels after the cleanup
block would remove the need to check ret.
(i.e. duplicating ExitAgent and EndAgentJob calls - one
pair that would be exectued on success and one pair only on failure)

Fair enough. Will post v2.

Michal