On Wed, May 04, 2022 at 01:23:25PM +0200, Victor Toso wrote:

> > > IIRC, I used the 'v' because it was easier to write match
> > > patterns with the leading 'v' but was considering removing as
> > > well.  I don't mind stripping it.
> >
> > Can you please prepare a patch implementing this change? There are
> > still a few days left before the next release is tagged.
>
> Yep. Missed that, sorry.
>
> I've sent the patches in-reply-to this thread, in case we still
> want them.

Please don't post a patch series as a reply to another patch series
next time. Just start a new thread.

> > If we wanted to get real fancy, we could implement annotations
> > similar to the ones gtk-doc support[1], to mark things such as
> > whether the return value of a function is supposed to be freed
> > by the caller. But I have to wonder if, in the long run, it
> > wouldn't make more sense to evaluate switching from our
> > homegrown API documentation scaffolding to an off the shelf
> > solution such as Doxygen.
>
> I don't have a particular opinion between adding small
> annotations to existing documentation (like @since and
> @deprecated) to convert documentation and tooling to something
> else. It comes down to benefits of converting, considering the
> new dependencies, etc.

Yeah, it's not an easy call to make. Someone would have to be willing
to spend some time attempting a port to a different tool, analizing
apibuild.py to try and guess how much effort it would be to refactor
it, and so on...