On 7/22/22 17:43, Martin Kletzander wrote:
As mentioned before, all these failures do not have to exit the function, but rather fallback to the old way. You can even create
two new functions for the new and old implementations and then call
them from here to make the fallback easier to spot (and code).

More precisely, they should just "continue;" to the next iteration of
the for loop, like

            if (!success_obj || !fail_obj)
                continue;

            found = true;

and then go fall back if found is false at the end of the loop.

On the other hand, here:

            if (virJSONValueGetNumberUlong(success_obj, &curHaltPollSuccess) <
0)
                return 0;

            if (virJSONValueGetNumberUlong(fail_obj, &curHaltPollFail) < 0)
                return 0;

I am not sure about falling back, because it is really an unexpected
situation where the statistic exist but somehow the value cannot be
parsed.

Paolo

I wanted to change this before pushing as well, but I feel like I'm changing too much of your code. And I also had to rebase this
(although trivially). Would you mind just changing these few last
things so that we can get it in before the rc0 freeze?