On 4/6/23 08:27, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 06:10:11AM -0700, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
In conclusion, there currently doesn't seem to exist a way to define
a useful integratorcp-based VM in libvirt, which IMO means we can
safely change the default machine type for Arm architectures without
any concerns about breaking existing VMs.

I will look into whether the same can be said for RISC-V
architectures. Hopefully that's the case.

Yeah, the spike machine on RISC-V is unusable in basically the same
ways that the integratorcp machine is on Arm. Let's just change the
default to virt on all of those then :)

Thanks for the confirmation. I should have time to work on this over the next days. I haven't looked in detail yet, but I get the feeling there is more to it than changing a few variables :-). Beyond code, do you have a mental checklist of the items that will need adjusted? E.g. docs, examples, tests, etc?

Regards,
Jim