On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 05:27:07PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 09:12:32AM -0700, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > >
> > > Whoa, I had no idea that SH is still alive (an well?).
> >
> > As of a few months ago, Debian builds libvirt on SuperH:
> >
> >   https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libvirt&arch=sh4
> >
> > The QEMU driver is disabled, since there is no matching qemu-system
> > binary, but the LXC driver should (at least theoretically) work :)
>
> Maybe I misinterpret what you're saying here, but the lack of a
> qemu-system-sh binary shouldn't be a reason to disable the QEMU
> driver, as the user can use non-native qemu-system binaries.

Yeah, sorry, my use of "matching" here was misleading.

What I wanted to say is that none of the qemu-system binaries are
built on sh4[1], so there is no way for the QEMU driver to do
anything useful.

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/qemu-team/qemu/-/blob/6d78618959cfae452801b596074dc67c55e5b087/debian/rules#L39-52