On 10/04/2011 04:02 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
Before pushing this, I'm running some sanity tests. So far, this test
sequence (adjusted to the fixed code) shows where force helps with older
snapshots (I'll send separate email for showing how force helps active
ABI-incompatible snapshots):

Test 1:
$ virsh snapshot-create-as dom snap # offline domain with one qcow2 disk
$ virsh edit dom # add a second qcow2 disk
$ virsh snapshot-revert dom snap # offline revert doesn't need force
$ virsh dumpxml dom # sure enough, second disk is gone

Whoops, this part of the test didn't quite work out, either. I need to revert to the snapshot <domain> prior to determining the list of disks to iterate over, so that we avoid calling qemu-img snapshot -a on the disk image that was not part of the snapshot. Likewise, snapshot-delete should call qemu-img snapshot -d only on the disk images involved in the snapshot.

And here's what I have to squash in for test 1 to succeed as planned.

Rather than squash in the fixed qemu-img iteration unreviewed into this ACK'd patch, I'll submit it as a separate patch.

--
Eric Blake   ebl...@redhat.com    +1-801-349-2682