(2011/10/06 2:31), Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
The QEMU guest agent "/usr/bin/qemu-ga" has some handy functions
for controlling the guest, not least, shutdown/reboot and filesystem
freeze/thaw.

In Fedora 15/16 the semantics of the ACPI power button have been
changed to suspend-to-RAM which breaks our current shutdown
implementation.

By adding support for the agent we gain a more predictable way
to shutdown / reboot guests.

NB: the code currently has the same "flaw" as the monitor, in
so much as we wait forever for a guest agent reply. We need to
add a timeout ability to the agent code

The QEMU guest agent has other function FS Freeze. But your patches does not support it. Do you have a plan ?

In addition, the QEMU guest agent requires specified socket. Virt IO Console, too. But unfortunately libvirt does not support to xml tags to give socket name options to QEMU for the QEMU guest agent and Virt IO Console.

MATSUDA Daiki