On 13/04/13 13:27, Osier Yang wrote:
On 12/04/13 23:57, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM, harryxiyou <harryxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM, harryxiyou <harryxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
Michal said earlier that virsh vol-move seemed too small a task.

Yes, a new virsh command wrapper existing APIs is good enough.

Do you think that these 4 tasks together merit a 12-week project?

Yes, these 4 tasks should be a whole project which may merit
almost a 12-week project. Like danpb and Osier said *rename jobs
may be realized more Libvirt interfaces.

Sorry, i just considered stefan wannted to ask my suggestions :-/
Right, I'm trying to check with danpb, mprivozn, eblake, and osier
whether these tasks are worthy of a 12-week project.

As said before, It's hard to implement the renaming for active objects,
even not possible or deserved. For inactive objects, the way to implement
it for all the objects is just similar and mechanical, but per we already
have a project to introduce an API to query domain IP address, having
another project to introduce other APIs for beginner makes sense too.
Though It should be simpler than the one to query domain IP address,
it needs mechanical work time.

s/needs/needs more/,

There needs to be agreement here before we can add this as a project
idea to the GSoC wiki page.

Stefan