On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 01:28:45PM +0000, Jackson, Gary L. wrote:

I would like to make a snapshot of a running VM, let it continue to run
after the shapshot, and then at some later time roll back the VM to
that previous running state. Can I do that with libvirt? If so, how? I
understand that this will cause all kinds of havoc with things like
ongoing TCP connections, and I accept that risk.

Check `man virsh` and the description to commands `snapshot-create-as`
and `snapshot-revert`.  If more information is needed, feel free to ask,
although if deep knowledge is required I might need to rely on someone
else to reply then.

Have a nice day,
Martin

--