On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:40:42 +0200, Ori Liel wrote:
> My attempt to install a host using oVirt results in the following message
> in the host:
>
> libvirt-buests.sh[3679]: Unable to connect to libvirt currently. Retrying
> .. 10Please enter your authentication name: Please enter your password:
>
> after several such retries:
>
> libvirt-buests.sh[3679]: Unable to connect to libvirt currently. Retrying
> .. 1Can't connect to deafult. Skipping.
>
> What may be the cause of this?

The issue is that oVirt tries to protect the libvirt connection from
tampering behind it's back by enabling connection authentication.

You can easily google the username and password so it's really
security-by-obscurity so that users don't mess with VM's behind
libvirt's back.

The issue you are seeing is that the libvirt-guests service/script can't
handle authentication and in general is not a good idea to use it
together with oVirt.

I'd suggest you disable the 'libvirt-guests' service when you are using
oVirt.