Hi,

I have a CentOS-7 server running KVM but also oVirt.

Recently, following updates, VMs not handled by oVirt have been deleting
themselves after they shut down.  Previously to this, I have not had any
problems of this nature.  I cannot say whether the problem is coming from oVirt
updates or not.

I am creating a VM using "virsh define myvm.xml" on the server, starting it
through virt-manager on my local PC, performing work inside the VM and then
closing down the operating system inside the VM, and then once it has completed
shutting down it shows "Shutoff" as the status in virt-manager and then maybe 5
seconds later it disappears from the list entirely and has been deleted.  To
start the VM again, requires "virsh define myvm.xml" to be run again.

What I cannot determine is **why** the VM is deleted.  I am using "virsh
define" which I understand should create a persistent VM, and I have enabled
"audit_level=2" and "audit_logging=1" in libvirtd.conf but can't see anything
helpful in the log output (although maybe I don't know what I'm looking for).

Is anyone, please, able to help me work out what is deleting my VMs once they
shut down ... and, if possible, why?!

Many, many thanks,

Andy