On 3/26/19 11:27 PM, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
Hi all,

Tl;dr: Virt-Lightning uses libvirt, cloud-init and libguestfs to allow
anyone to quickly start new VM. Very much like a container CLI interface,
but locally.

-> https://github.com/virt-lightning/virt-lightning

To validate my Ansible roles, I was looking for a way to quickly start
and stop my test environments. I was looking for an experience similar
to what we have with the containers. Virt-lightning takes a distribution
name as main input. The output is the IP address of a freshly deployed
VM on which I can run my tests.

Virt-Lightning uses master QCOW2 images with backing file and avoid the
use of DHCP, this to speedup up the first boot. The configuration is
done by cloud-init. The whole deployment is rather fast. For instance, I
can deploy 3 VM in 25s (Lenovo T580).

Impressive.

cloud-init is used to create the user account, inject the SSH keys,
prepare the network configuration and resize the file system.

Regards,

Cool. Do you want to add it to https://libvirt.org/apps.html ?
If so, you can just send a patch against libvirt.git/docs/apps.html.in (or I can do that if you don't feel like it).

Michal