Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by asking about encoding form values. LWP
takes care of url encoding(see the content_type).
About documentation, sorry to say there's no extensive documentation
available out there. At least, I havent managed to find anything out there.
You may want to check out O'Reilly's site for the open book version of
Clinton Wong's "Web Client Programming with Perl'. I must warn you that
it's quite old.
There is also a good section on LWP in the 'Perl Programmer's reference
guide' you can find on www.perl.com.

-Pramod

At 11:53 PM 8/14/00 -0700, Marko Schilde wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am new to libwww, so apologies if my questions seem pretty dumb to you...
>
>Hmmm... I want to something pretty simple ... post data to an external
script. From what I've read it would be accomplished with

>$req2 = new HTTP::Request POST => $posturl;
>
>$req2->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
>
>$req2->content('value1=$val1&value2=$val2');
>
>my $res2 = $ua->request($req);
>
>I got this code [well, the general idea] from the documentation of libwww
.... now my question: Is there an easy method to encode the form values? DO
they need to be encoded? Is there any lengthy, readable non-pod
documentation out there? [I've looked, but didn't find anything helpful :-(].