Since I have your attention... :)

Playing around with some test response codes, I've found that (at least) 300
(multiple choices) and 320 (bogus) do not redirect, even though they fall
under is_redirect().

Traces:

--

LWP::UserAgent::new: ()
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()

http://diveintomark.org/tests/client/http/320.xml
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::collect: read 338 bytes
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Unknown code 320

--

Is there a reason why these aren't followed? Should they be followed?

-Brian

PS: Gisle, I think I sent this directly to you a while back, but I never got
a response (mail server mess up, no doubt, since I never actually got the
"reply that originally only went to Brian" mentioned earlier today *shrug*).
If you've already replied, please send that along. Thanks!