On Jul 13, Gisle Aas said:

>"Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I'm going to release these subclasses, but I'd like to know if the libwww
>> suite can perhaps be rewritten in the future to allow for this type of
>> thing...
>
>It is already sort of supported.  You can set the outgoing address by
>tweaking the @LWP::Protocol::http::EXTRA_SOCK_OPTS.  What is your suggested
>change to support this?

(That's not in the FTP protocol module, by the way...)

I see that, and I'm using it in my subclass, but it's a matter of getting
the stuff *to* &EXTRA_SOCK_OPTS.  The data (the array of IPs to use)
shouldn't necessarily belong to the LWP::Protocol::http subclass; I'd
expect it to belong to the LWP::UserAgent object, or in this case, the
HTTP::Proxy object.

And I haven't found a way to create my own LWP::Protocol::http subclass
that is used instead of the original one.  That's why I had to subclass
LWP::UserAgent and LWP::Protocol as well.

The server I did my work on is currently down, but I'll provide my code
tomorrow.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service