Debugging fetches from a website is usually much easier with GET
requests than with POST, because you can see the entire request state
(apart from cookies) in the URI and you can paste the URI into your
web browser and tinker with it by hand.

Many sites that work with POST requests will also work if you send
them a GET with the same parameters.  It would be handy if
WWW::Mechanize had a force-GET mode so you can more easily follow what
it is doing and fiddle around with URIs.

I know that WWW::Mechanize is a subclass of LWP::UserAgent but I
couldn't see how to make my own LWP::UserAgent that forces requests to
GET (and, ideally, then prints out the URI being used).

--
Ed Avis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>