> > You could do this with LWP but there are at least a couple helper
> > modules that will make your life easier:
> >
> >   HTTP::WebTest
> >   WWW::Mechanize
>
> But if he never used Perl then it might be a good idea to learn that
> first.  Reading books could be a way to do that.

I knew I shouldn't have answered that posting at such a late hour! At
any rate, the HTTP::WebTest[1] module can be used without needing to
know too much about Perl. It comes with a script called wt that will
execute the tests which are defined in a simple format.

The biggest hurdle for a new user will be installing Perl and then
getting the HTTP::WebTest module installed. Howver, those problems are
better answered by the materials and resources at http://learn.perl.org.

HTH,
William

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~ilyam/HTTP-WebTest-2.04/lib/HTTP/WebTest.pm