Hi,

I've also tried without that "-" before "timeout", but it doesn't work. I
have also tried with $ua->timeout(5), but it doesn't work either.

Here is the test script and its result:

use strict;
use LWP::UserAgent;

my $begin = time();

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new();
$ua->timeout(5);

print $ua->get("http://www.presaromana.ro/";)->content;

print time() - $begin;

And the result is:
500 Can't connect to www.presaromana.ro:80 (connect: Unknown error)
23

So it takes 23 seconds instead of timing out after 5.

Is it a bug in LWP, or a limitation of Windows, or I am doing something
wrong?

Thank you.

Teddy