No problem. Thank you for the response. I found a way around this.

1) I used the cpan shell prompt to install:
perl -MCPAN -e shell

CPAN> install Crypt::SSLeay

2) Upon asking me about SSL, I gave it the PARENT directory where all of
my openssl files were located at:

/usr/sfw/bin/

3) When this install request was attempting to install the crypt module,
it ran an error:

sh: cc: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `SSLeay.o'
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

I installed a free c compiler from Sun "Sun Studio 12". The command line
install allows you to remove unnecessary packages and just get the
necessities. The package is just over 1 gig in size zipped so plan ahead
for the download.

Thanks to all for the input and special thanks to David Moreno for the
CPAN installer tool tip.

Thanks,
Rafael Sanchez