> > I took an interest in the issue of HTTP header ordering and researched
> > what several other Perl modules do in regards to this as well as Ruby's
> > Rack. I published the result on my blog:
> >
> > http://mark.stosberg.com/blog/2010/01/generating-http-headers-sorted-or-unsorted.html
> >
> > The summary is that I support the option for unsorted headers in
> > HTTP::Headers. Michael Greb made a good case for it, and the
> > possibility for a performance improvement is attractive too.
>
> I would prefer if there was a way to make the sorted headers as fast
> as unsorted headers :-)

I have idea which might work for this, which is different than the
approaches used in HTTP::Headers::Fast. I can try some experiments
privately and report back if it turns out to be workable approach.

> Instead of introducing the 'as_string_without_sort' method could we
> achieve the same effect with a 'order' argument to 'as_string'?  Could
> take values like 'sorted'/'original'/'dontcare'.

I think that would work equally well, and also allows for backwards
compatibility.

    Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   m...@summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .