Hi,

Is it possible to authenticate the user on Windows without entering the
password?

Our script uses LWP and is talking to a webserver that requires authentication.
The code is as follows:

# Perl code
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(keep_alive => 1);
$ua->credentials(URI->new($url)->host_port, '', $USER, $PASS ) if $USER and
$PASS;
my $resp = $ua->request( GET $url );

Now, it's failing as we don't have the $PASS stored in the script. The
webserver team have advised us to use the equivalent of .NET's "credential
cache":

// C# code
var webRequest = WebRequest.Create(mDownloadUrl);
webRequest.PreAuthenticate = true;
webRequest.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Can this be achieved with LWP? Should perhaps the NTLM module
(LWP::Authen::Ntlm) be of help here?

Thanks,
Sam

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not
duplicate or redistribute
it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender
that you have received
it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy
or sell or a
solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other
financial product or
service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement
of Barclays. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those
of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link:
www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.
By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays offers
premier investment banking
products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC, a company
registered in England
(number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14
5HP.  This email may
relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.