On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 09:09:24PM +0100, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> On 27 Feb 2013, at 18:01, Michiel Beijen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Op 27 feb. 2013 17:38 schreef "Sebastien Koechlin" <seb.p...@koocotte.org>
> > het volgende:
> >
> > > For https; I would like to also check the certificat expiration date and
> > > report a WARNING if the expiration date is in few weeks.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to access the certificat sent by the remote server using
> > LWP?
> >
> > I think you can not do that via LWP, but you could use
> > http://search.cpan.org/~hirose/Net-SSL-ExpireDate-1.10/lib/Net/SSL/ExpireDate.pm
>
> I find that using (and parsing) the output of openssl s_client
>
>       openssl s_client -connect www.news.com:443 -CAfile root.pem

Thanks,

I use the ouput of
"openssl s_client -prexit -connect HOSTNAME:443 </dev/null
        | openssl x509 -noout -text |"

I didn't tried Net-SSL-ExpireDate. Yes, both solutions are working, but I
have to make two requests instead of one for https. I'm looking for a way to
get both content and certificat in the same request.

--
Seb, autocuiseur