begin  Carsten Kuckuk  quotation:
> As far as I understand, I can't use the GPL for any "open source"
> project I write using Microsoft's MFC. Which alternatives do I have
> regarding licenses, that come as close as possible to GPLing my own
> sources?

        You may grant special exception to the GPL to allow linkage
with the MFC libraries.  It may not be necessary, since the GPL
already says:

        "However, as a special exception, the source code distributed
        need not include anything that is normally distributed (in
        either source or binary form) with the major components
        (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which
        the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies
        the executable."

But you ought to be clear.

        The GPL allows you to grant permission to do new things, but
won't allow you to put new restrictions on users.  See GPL section 6.

--
"Man, if everything were object-oriented then rsync           Nick Moffitt
could do this already. Of course, if everything were    [EMAIL PROTECTED]