Hello, Marc

Thanks for your reply!
Sorry for so long delay, my mail filter unexpected archived this thread, my bad.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Marc Whipple <mwhip...@itsgames.com> wrote:
> Without getting too far into your actual term suggestions, you seem to be
> trying to control who can benefit from your license based on who they are
> (nimble startup versus evil monopoly) not on what they do with the licensed
> material. You're trying to get at it in a putatively user-neutral way, but
> you come right out front and say you're trying to control market outcomes
> with it. Without speaking for anybody but myself, I tried to get a "you can
> do X but not Y for Z time period with the licensed material if you meet the
> other requirements" and it got shot down. It got shot down with the nicest
> rejection notice I've ever gotten, but the message was clear. I don't see
> this general line of attack working: to the extent it will fit into the open
> source guidelines, it will not do what you want, and to the extent it does
> what you want, it will not fit into the open source guidelines.
>
> While I am a lawyer, this is not legal advice, and I do not speak for or
> represent any other member of the open source community. It's entirely
> possible I'm wrong, and if so, I look forward to having my error pointed out
> to me.

As a programmer without strong law background knowledge, it is
difficult for me to push my idea further at this time, but I am still
looking forward if there is somebody (either myself or others) will
discuss it further someday. I believe I'll come back someday ;-)

Anyway, thank you very much, hopefully next time I'll be more serious
to push this idea.

--
Regards,
Qian Hong