John Funnell wrote:

I would like to take this one step further so that the anti-patent
clause covers use as well as distribution. I propose the license
below, a BSD derivative.

My understanding is that US copyright law doesn't restrict use of software (UK law does). If that is correct, you will need to form a contract at the time of supply of the software, that imposes this constraint.

--
David Woolley