-----Original Message-----
From: License-discuss [mailto:license-discuss-boun...@opensource.org] On Behalf
Of Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:43 PM
To: license-discuss@opensource.org
Cc: lro...@rosenlaw.com
Subject: Re: [License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: U.S. Army Research
Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) 0.4.0

As I understand it from ARL Legal, licenses ARE contracts.  I am not a lawyer
and don't know if they are the same or not.  I'd really rather not open up a
can of worms regarding what they are, I just want to make sure that the ARL OSL
is interoperable with Apache 2.0, that it is as close to being legally
identical to it as possible when applied to anything that has copyright
attached, and that the OSI and Apache are happy with it.

Thanks,
Cem Karan