2011/10/30 Anders Olofsson <fl...@licq.org>:
> The final release of Licq 1.6.0 is here.

I tried to compile it on Slackware 13.37, with the aid of a slackbuild script

By default the qt4-gui, console, auto-reply and aosd plugins are
built. This requires libaosd as well as cdk and can be overridden by
setting the PLUGINS environment variable to a space seperated list of
auto-reply, forwarder, osd, rms, aosd, console, jabber, msn, qt4-gui.

Optional dependencies are cdk for the console, libxosd for the osd and
libaosd for the aosd plugin respectivly, all available from
SlackBuilds.org.

Initially, I had problems compiling CDK. Writing to the CDK maintainer
helped. Editing the version number to the one now valid (5.0_20110517)
worked like a charm. CDK installed just fine.

Still Licq bailed as follows:
-----------------------------
-- Creating /tmp/SBo/licq-1.6.0/plugins/console/build/pluginversion.h
-- Looking for wsyncup in /usr/lib/libcurses.so
-- Looking for wsyncup in /usr/lib/libcurses.so - found
-- Found Curses: /usr/lib/libcurses.so
-- Searching for Curses Development Kit (CDK)
--  Found cdk5-config: /usr/bin/cdk5-config
--  CDK version: sh: /usr/bin/cdk5-config: Permission denied
CMake Error at cmake/FindCDK.cmake:49 (message):
  Could NOT find Curses Development Kit (CDK)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:21 (find_package)

bash-4.1#

Basically, I just follow instructions without knowing what is going
on, and any help is much appreciated.

The best!
Wedin