> That would be sweet ! ... anything particular in mind? ... things like
> email, phone number validation etc?

Totally - nothing crazy to begin with, perhaps with some way of
passing a regex or whatever to ward off boiler plate code thats
repeated by lift users. Conceptually, I think the ones given by
http://validatable.rubyforge.org/ are quite nice. Like I said, nothing
crazy, but very functional... e.g. validates_format_of

> Yes of course ... implement other form fields ALL form input types +
> what you very well suggested : common validations for say most
> frequently used validations. Shoul also work for Ajax/json forms since
> notices work just fine in such situations just a bit more noodling,
> testing etc.

Exactly - this is very nice and something that IMO, lift has really
been missing. Do you mind if I take your example and extend it and
stick it into lift core? Actually thats a good point.... where within
the lift code base would this best sit? Probably net.liftweb.util
maybe?

Cheers

Tim