Yeah there are many ways of dealing with such situations ... and URl
rewriting is definitely one of them ... still it requires a bit of
coding :) ... even the approach above would have been implemented
through URL rewriters.

I'm not at all pushing for this as I don't have a strong case for it.

Br's,
Marius