Hmmm. Oliver, I'm working on using the UserType you wrote now, but when I
try to test it, I'm getting this error:

org.hibernate.MappingException: Cannot instantiate custom type:
com.foo.jpaweb.model.EnumvType

At first I thought this was because EnumvType was abstract, but changing
that didn't do anything. I've set the property on the Book class as:

  @Type{val `type` = "com.foo.jpaweb.model.EnumvType"}
  var genre = Genre.unknown

Is the not correct? Any ideas? I've only ever used Hibernate Types that were
written in Java, so I wasn't sure if that might also be an issue...

Derek