On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Charles F. Munat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm working on an app in which users may spend significant time editing
> a form before submitting it. It's possible during this time that their
> session could time out. My concern is that they might submit a long
> edit, discover that their session has timed out, log in, and lose the
> edit. (They can probably back up and resubmit, but these are not very
> savvy users.)
>
> I'd like it to remember their update, hold it until they log back in,
> then send them a prompt to ask if they want to:
>
> a) complete the update,
> b) cancel the update,
> c) return to the edit form (with their recent edits included, though not
> yet saved).
>
> Any ideas for how to go about this?

I guess it's still true that:

  "The best way to deal with the particular situation (browser
  open, don't want the session to disappear), is to put a hidden
  CometActor on the page that does nothing other than keep
  the session alive." - David Pollack

http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/e98f2f75cc4461e4/10a16b586e879b11

Martin