Chas,

this like that takes quite some forethought before implementing. (holding on
to entity in either transient, detached or persistent state. And then you
have the problem that if you try to save the transient entity, and it fails,
it still gets allocated an identifier, and then you have a transient entity
with an identifier)

The simplest way around this is to save the object but have different
"statuses" (DRAFT,LIVE) etc.

There are surely other ways of doing it aswell, this is just from the top of
my head.

Cheers,
Viktor

--