OK, I've gotten through the tutorial (page 23).

I was doing a bit of testing - I tried putting a string of length 2
into field 'desc' (which is supposed to be at least 3 characters
long), and I didn't get an error message.

Too tired now to check to see if the validation code for 'desc' is
actually getting called - will look later.

I also added another field ('location', varchar(63)) which accepts
null values, and used <table> rather than <ul> so as to display rows
with aligned columns. While clicking around some more I noticed that
if the record has been saved and the 'location' field is null there's
nothing to click on to make it "swap" from a displayed field to an
editable field - in case you wanted to enter a 'location' later.

Next I'll probably want to poke around and see what lines I have to
change to try it with H2 instead of Derby.

All in all, very exciting to have a working Ajaxified CRUD web-db in
so few lines of code in a compiled, type-safe language.

- Stefan Scott