On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Oliver Lambert <ola...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup, when you chose the original name, you did a good job - why second
> guess yourself now. Can we just leave it the way it is.

Pun intended....

As to my vote (if I'm allowed one)...

Can was slightly confusing, but looking at it vs Option makes a lot of
sense.  Option is also slightly confusing, because I expected it to behave
like Either.   Either is a great name, as you can tell what it's doing.

Result seems ok, but I would vote for something more like Storage.   Can is
pretty succinct, and once you know how to use it, it's not hard to remember
the convention.

So I'd swing on the side of sticking with Can unless a really good name is
discovered.