On Dec 22, 3:29 am, "Mark Chadwick" <mark.chadw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> From my googling, I'm gathering this is a tall order (due to the servlet
> spec), but thought I'd ping the list to see if smarter brains than my own
> had an idea.  The idea is that I have particular URL with strict latency
> requirements that I'd like to run in the same servlet container as my lift
> app.

Doyou want to run int in the same container or ins the same web app?
If you run in in the same container only you can have different web
apps mapped of course with different context paths. If you want your
raw servlet to be deployed in the same web app as your Lift
application than you can tell Lift that a certain path must not be
processed by Lift and instead "resolved" by container. Please see
LiftRules.liftRequest variable.So in boot you can say:

LiftRules.liftRequest.append(liftReq)

where liftReq is a LiftRules.LiftRequestPF which is defined as

type LiftRequestPF = PartialFunction[Req, Boolean]

if you return false that specific request will be passed to the
container.

My question would be ... what does your raw servlet do? ... perhaps
you can achieve the same thing using lift itself more elegantly :)

 I have, for the time being, written this as a raw servlet and routed