Yeah, except I'm concerned that if I do this, I'll end up with loops (or
at least requests for index.html will be redirected). All my pages are
index.html, and all the pages I need to redirect from are not. So I
intended to do a regex that grabbed everything that ended in html but
was not index.html (except that I'm having a hell of a time writing that
regex, so I'm just doing a list of pages to redirect).

Anyway, this helps a lot. So if I want to redirect thebook.html to
/the_book/ I would do this:

LiftRules.dispatch.prepend {
   case r @ Req("thebook" :: Nil, "html", _) => () => Full(
     PermRedirectResponse("/the_book", r))