Derek,
I was commenting out everything from my snippet and template but still the
state was lossing between after redirect. And then i decided to change the
name of the template from "index.html" to "add.html" (any other name) and it
magically worked. Looks like a bug to me. Will investigate the sources
further.
Thanks for your help,
Sergey