Grab the PDF again, looks like you have the slightly older one with a
version typo.  Run this badboy:

mvn archetype:generate -U \
-DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-blank \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0 \
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
-DgroupId=demo.helloworld \
-DartifactId=helloworld \