Which parser are you using?

Quick tests with PCDataXmlParser seems to indicate all ç get
mapped to the unicode character. In fact it does that for all entities
in object HtmlEntities (line 26 onwards in lift-util/src/main/scala/
net/liftweb/util/PCDataMarkupParser.scala)

If I enter the ç into a form it gets stored as the unicode character
\u00E7 ... and also returns as that unicode character.

Regards,

Marc