To quote David from a previous thread on the mailing list:

> I've enhanced LiftRules as follows:
>
>  /**
>  * A partial function that determines content type based on an
> incoming
>  * RequestState and Accept header
>  */
>  var determineContentType:
>  PartialFunction[(Can[RequestState], Can[String]), String] = {
>    case (_, Full(accept)) if
> accept.toLowerCase.contains("application/xhtml+xml") =>
>      "application/xhtml+xml"
>
>    case _ => "text/html"
>  }
>
> You can change the determineContentType Partial Function in Boot.scala
> to accomplish your goals.

So maybe you could add in Boot.scala

determineContentType = {
                case (Full(req), _) if req.path match {
                        case "text" :: "only" :: _ => true
                        case _ => false} => "text/html"
        } orElse determineContentType

which would set the return type of any page under and including "/text/
only" to "text/html" and if not under that would chain to the standard
lift content type determine partial function...

Obviously you could define your own function to check the path rather
than in-line it...

David: Would req.param("x") be the equivalent to S.param("x") ??

Regards,

Marc