> I think the best way is if you open the pom.xml as a project. Then add the
> Scala facet to the module. IntelliJ should download the required maven jars
> for you as you load the maven project.

Bingo!  I was creating a new project from source.  When I opened the
pom as a project (I never would have thought of that) It actually
detected the Scala facet so I didn't even need to set it up.

It was not finding the jars otherwise, probably because it didn't use
the pom.xml.

So far IntelliJ/Scala is working great.  Like David I don't like the
way it puts your cursor where you click, but I do like that I can do
Apple-C/X and it will copy/paste the whole line.

Thanks!