Heiko,

I've been working on OSGi support in scala, specifically 2 things:

1) OSGi-ifying scala standard libraries isn't too bad.  I have project which
does this: http://github.com/jsuereth/scala-jigsaw/tree/master  I'd like to
add this to the standard scala build so there is no  more differentation
between an OSGi version of scala and a non-OSGi version.   Currently all
this does is use BND to add a few entries to the manifests of each library.
The issue here would be updating the eclipse plugin so that dogfooding is
still possible (the current method breaks it).  I haven't had the time to
invest in fixing this yet.

2) A method of enforcing module visibility inside the compiler.  I've
started a scalac plugin:
http://github.com/jsuereth/osgi-scalac-plugin/tree/master to make this
happen.   Currently it only pays attention to libraries that declare
"packge-export" in their manifest and warns for all other import types.
Help here would be appreciated if anyone is interested!!!

Whatever is decided would be great!  Recently I haven't had as much time as
desired to hack on these and bring them up to "production ready".   So, if
they are handy in whatever we decide to do, great!

I would prefer not having different artifacts for "OSGi scala" vs. "non-OSGi
scala".  ( *The main reason is that the same maven plugin could be used in
both cases ;)* )

-Josh