Just taken a look over the code - looks pretty cool!

I like your ideas for ConcurrentHashMap - all sounds pretty awesome...
regarding the use of EHCache, I rekon as long as provide a hook
mechinism into the cache system, then sure, we should let people worry
about those issues in there specific implementation as 90% of users
simply wont need that functionality IMO.

Cheers, Tim