Hi
I'm embarking on a web project with a big domain model (50+ classes -
supply chain application).
I was all set to go using a combination of Java domain classes, a bit
of mixin via ClassFileTransformer, Hibernate and Grails as a web
framework.
Someone said "if you're looking at mixin look at Scala, and it's got a
web framework too"
so I arrived here about 2 hours ago (still printing out the book).

Is anyone using Lift for a project like this? Any comments on
applicability? And would you use the native mapper mechanism or jpa as
in the book if you did?

Grails is clearly miles ahead in terms of documentation and community
size, but the lack of type safety in groovy really irritates me (hence
the class files in Java).

any comments?

also my quick scan of the book shows a mix of hibernate validators and
scala. Any reason why using annotations is good for this, if it could
be done in parent classes instead?

Tim