The trait as in
http://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/liftweb/1.0/net/liftweb/mapper/Mapper.scala.html
(line 296):

trait IdPK extends BaseLongKeyedMapper {
  def primaryKeyField = id
  object id extends MappedLongIndex[MapperType](this.asInstanceOf
[MapperType])
}

i don't know how MapperType works, anyway this is my non-working
version:

trait BaseModel extends BaseLongKeyedMapper {
  object created_by extends MappedLongForeignKey(this, User)
  object created_at extends MappedDateTime(this)
  object updated_by extends MappedLongForeignKey(this, User)
  object updated_at extends MappedDateTime(this)
  object deleted_by extends MappedLongForeignKey(this, User)
  object deleted_at extends MappedDateTime(this)
}

produces this on every Mapped* object:
BaseModel.scala:14: error: inferred type arguments
[my.app.model.BaseModel,my.app.model.User] do not conform to class
MappedLongForeignKey's type parameter bounds [T <:
net.liftweb.mapper.Mapper[T],O <: net.liftweb.mapper.KeyedMapper
[Long,O]]

i tried a few things but didn't get behind it. I guess it's because i
also don't know what to do with MapperType like in the IdPK trait.