On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Alexander Kellett <lypa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hey sean,
>
> i hope you're open to other possibilities than buildr/raven :)
> i myself have no real interest in messing with maven after my terrible
> experiences from when i was working on java code full time..
> i just verified that it takes just a few minutes to install sbt and
> get a running lift app :)
> you can find the things needed in Marks Harrah's reply to this thread
> and sbt can be found at http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/

I'm also not very keen on using maven for my builds but I think it's
fine as a black box tool for generating artifacts.

Recently, we've moved all our Ant builds to Gradle which has been a
(mostly) pleasant experience. It has dependency management (and can
use maven repos) but you use a Groovy DSL to specify your build.

There's a patch to make Gradle work with scala apps (haven'tried it),
but I was wondering if anybody has used it for Scala or even Lift?

/Jeppe