Comet is also known as long polling especially when browsers are
involved. That's because:

1. When timeout occurs  ... after x seconds/minutes client needs to re-
establish connection
2. Client reconnects after response is provided by server

But what is the problem with long pooling if a request is done every x
minutes (if server does not have any message for this client)?

Br's,
Marius